Thursday, January 13, 2005

Iceberg update

I've gotten some comments regarding what is going on with the iceberg (okay, I got one comment wondering about the iceberg). Well, I'm rather busy right now, so I won't go on and on about it, but here's a link to a cool story on the iceberg.

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/earth/lookingatearth/ice_berg_ram.html

Apparently iceberg B-15 is trying to play chicken with another large piece of ice. Too bad this piece of ice is actually a glacier (albeit a floating glacier)! The collision of B-15 with the Drygalski Ice Tongue should be fairly spectatular, in that big-picture/slow-motion sort of way. The coolest thing about the article is they compare the size of B-15 to none other than Long Island! How's that for props! I guess anything that looks even remotely like Long Island should be expected to create trouble for everyone.

Okay, gotta go, and you should go too, go to the above nasa link and try to be smarter than who you are.